TRENTON, N.J. – In effort to help organizations and companies alike increase recycling rates and reach their sustainability goals, international recycling leader TerraCycle created ReZound, an easy-to-use device that attaches to recycling bins and encourages recycling through positive audible feedback.
The device can be installed in nearly any recycling bin and comes pre-loaded with twenty recycling themed sound clips. Every time a recyclable is placed in the bin, ReZound will play music, a fun sound effect, or encouraging words to make recycling an interactive and rewarding experience.
Here’s how ReZound works:
- Install – Attach the ReZound device to the desired recycling bin.
- Recycle – Place a recyclable, like a bottle or can, into the recycling bin to trigger the device’s sensors.
- Reward –ReZound provides the user with a positive audible affirmation for doing their part to recycle.
With a weather and tamper-resistant design and the option for a solar-powered charging function, ReZound devices are functional anywhere, allowing recycling bins to be placed outdoors with little maintenance or supervision required. ReZound can also be customized with sounds to bring excitement to recycling in a variety of public locations including:
- Parks and recreational centers
- Schools and college campuses
- Music venues and event centers
- Theme parks and zoos
“At TerraCycle, we are constantly innovating new ways to drive our mission to ‘Eliminate the Idea of Waste’,” said Tom Szaky, TerraCycle Founder and CEO.
“ReZound offers a fun, engaging way to educate and motivate more people to recycle and reduce waste in their communities.”