The Circular Innovation Council has partnered with the Reducing Plastic Waste in Canada project funded by the European Union. The project aims to promote sustainable consumption and production patterns.
The project will support the EU Plastics Strategy in the Americas region by collaborating with leading organizations to share best practices and talk about solutions to achieving zero plastic waste. Partnering on this important project allows Circular Innovation Council to expand the Plastic Action Centre to include resources and information beyond Canada and engage an international audience.
Launched in 2021, the two-year Reducing Plastic Waste in Canada project will facilitate peer-to-peer exchanges and support the development of knowledge and innovative practices across many sectors of the economy.
The activities will stimulate EU-Canadian collaborations in areas key to a circular economy for plastics, such as:
- extended-producer responsibility
- awareness-raising and consumer education
- best practices and advancement in product design to reduce waste
- innovative and advanced recycling technologies
- business models and policies for value retention
- green and circular procurement practices and tools
Over the next six months, new resources and stories developed as part of the project will be posted to Circular Innovation Council’s Plastic Action Centre website and shared on social media, with a different topic each month.